Sunday, December 4, 2011

8. If you were to describe yourself using a quotation, what would that quotation be? After you have chosen a quote, then write a bit about how it relates to you and reveals what kind of person you are.

A quotation that I can relate to is, "Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth." I discovered this quote from a movie called Into The Wild, although the original quote is from Henry David Thoreau. This quote really struck out to me, it simply was one of those you remember for the rest of your life. It just... makes sense. I would much rather have "truth" above anything else. Why would I want somebody's love, if they aren't being completely honest with me? I wouldn't want fame, because most of the people that admire you anyway, don't REALLY like you, most of the time they want something out of you, or are only following a trend. Why would I take someone's faith and blindly believe in it without being certain of anything, although, that's what faith is- not needing any substantial evidence in order to believe something.

No comments:

Post a Comment